Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Verb Phrase_Exercises 3d



3d. Exercises


A. Using the auxiliary verb and lexical verb provided in the brackets, complete the following sentences.
      Example:
I ____________ my umbrella.      (have; forget)
I have forgotten my umbrella.
1. I _____________________ my mother.          (have; visit)
2. She ____________________ the dishes.         (have; do)
3. They ______________________ to bed.         (have; go)
4. The police _________________ some of the rioters.   (do; arrest)
5. Mrs. Jones _______________ her keys somewhere.    (have; lost)
6. The leaves ___________________ from the trees.      (be; fall)
7. James __________________ a much-needed haircut.             (have; have)
8. You __________________ if you want.          (can; go)
9. You _________________ off your bike.         (might; fall)
10. We __________________ the train.  (are; catch)
11. Several trees _______________ down in the storm.  (have; blow)
12. The tiles ___________________ off the roof.           (may; blow)
B. Say whether the underlined verbs in the following sentences are auxiliary verbs or lexical verbs.
1. Pat was upset at losing her necklace.
2. I know all about that.
3. Lucy has done the washing-up.
4. She’s making a gook job of it.
5. Jan’s puppy wagged its tail and barked happily.
6. I wondered why I didn’t get a reply.
7. The problem won’t be hard to solve.
8. Is she a good teacher?
9. He said he would come but he didn’t.
10. Do you ever listen to what I am saying?

No comments :

Post a Comment